New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Saturday, February 12, 2005

The New York Bar Scene

I got back from Blue & Gold Tavern about half an hour ago. I had a nice time celebrating with my Esquire co-workers. They are all good people and it's nice to hang out with them in a casual setting. Obviously I was one of the first to leave. I didn't want to spend any more money and I had already dropped $19 so I figured I'd split.

Blue & Gold is a dive on East Seventh Street in the East Village. Drinks are cheap, which is why I bought a round for everybody and then called it quits. Seth and Marty met me at the bar. Marty actually left before I did, because he's got to work tomorrow. Marty bought me a beer and Seth bought me a beer and a shot (Beam and a Rheingold).

There was a jukebox and a pool table. Marty put a bunch of money in the jukebox and played good music, including Dave Brubeck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home