New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Four-Day Weakened

It's Tuesday morning, which is this week's Monday, and I'm at my desk at Esquire, trying to come back to the world of work after four days of non-work. It was a pretty busy weekend. Here's a recap of my big accomplishments and notable events since I left work on Thursday evening:

Friday: Went to karate (general class) and meditation; Installed ethernet card in Jenn's computer and hooked it up to the router.
Saturday: Bought a love seat from Pier 1 with Jenn, went to kumite class, went uptown to the Ding-Dong Lounge for Noah's birthday party.
Sunday: Went to kata class, met Jay at Jenn's office and took walk through Central Park to see The Gates (again). Back in Brooklyn, the three of us had dinner at DuMont.
Monday: Took possession of new love seat. Went to Black Belt Class. Cooked dinner (big turkey breast).

Looking back I can see it was a productive weekend, but I always go into them thinking I ought to completely reinvent myself, kick-start my career, make a million bucks, and save the world, so in that sense it was a failure.

Better to look on the bright side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Keep looking on the bright side. You accomplished plenty this weekend. At this rate of productivity, you'll be making millions and saving the world in no time.

1:19 PM  
Blogger x said...

Hey man,

How's the loveseat looking? I am on home-improvement overdrive these days, so I have to ask questions like these. Might be a good opportunity to start photoblogging...

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home