New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Brooks Brothers Blazer for $9.99

I just got back from the huge Salvation Army store on 46th Street between Ninth and Tenth Avenues where I purchased a used navy Brooks Brothers blazer for $9.99. It was senior citizen day and if I had gotten a senior to purchase it for me it would have been half that. Now I have to buy the official Seido patch tonight for $20. The patch will cost twice what I paid for the jacket.

I made the entire round trip, including picking up a sandwich on the way back, in under an hour. I don't take the bus too often but I caught the bus both down Ninth and up Tenth and it saved me lots of walking. There were a few weirdos on the bus.

So, on the one hand, mission accomplished. I got my jacket, and it was less than ten bucks. It's not the greatest jacket in the world. The buttons are gold colored, which isn't my preference. There's a pen that fell into the lining that I'll have to fish out at some point before Friday night (no extra charge for the pen). But it fits me.

On the other hand, what the heck am I doing?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Honey, if your blog was a book, it would be the Cheap Bastard's Guide to New York City. Oh wait, I think that is a book. In fact, I think I bought you that book (not that you needed it).
Anyway, $9.99 is a damn good price for a Brooks Brothers blazer and pen. And I'm even more impressed that you managed to get both, and lunch, in under an hour!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Honey, if your blog was a book, it'd be called The Cheap Bastard's Guide to New York City. No, wait, that is a book. In fact, I think I bought you that book (not that you needed it).
But I have to say, $9.99 is a damn good price for a Brooks Brothers blazer and pen. And the fact that you were able to get them both, and lunch, in less than an hour is very impressive.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OOPS! I thought that first comment didn't post (it still wasn't up 4 hours later when I checked). Sorry for the duplicate. :)

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home