New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Thursday, February 17, 2005

British TV

I've got nothing on The Gates today, except to note that I've given it more column inches than any topic since my blue blazer. Enough Gates.

It's cold outside, and it's slow at work, except that a British TV crew is here to interview Chuck about a certain recently-married pop starlet. I'd name the obvious names, but it's scary enough to see how people land on this page with various search criteria entered into Google or Yahoo! The last thing I need is middle school girls lurking.

Anyway, Chuck had interviewed said starlet a while back and now the limeys are doing a special on the nature of celebrity, and since Chuck's take was rather iconoclastic (e.g. I personally witnessed her storm out of the office, clearly angry) they wanted to get his input.

As for me, I'm bored and frustrated and at a loss for positive comments on this blog, so I'll do my best to describe New York City as I've seen it today. It's really an average New York day. People are just going about their business, selling scarves and hats from tables on the sidewalk, rushing between subways, stores, and office buildings, running red lights and honking horns. I haven't seen anything particularly freaky today except maybe this older white guy with a huge white afro at the Union Square station on the way to work this morning.

I had a strange and vivid dream last night that GQ magazine offered me a job, I can't remember what job. I must have been thinking about this guy at the dojo who I recently learned works at GQ. I can't tell you if it was a good or bad dream.

Okay, I tried. If I've got something of interest I'll post it. In the meantime, if you read this, I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. It's free, and you can be anonymous.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the starlet's initials?
-Märt

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hmm... I've got a pretty good guess. Did she really storm out of the office? Wow. I'd love to know what Chuck said to piss her off that badly.

Anyway, you've got plenty interesting (and postive) things to say. Keep posting.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home