New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, February 04, 2005

Blazer Update

Jenn's home sick today, the poor dear, but she's feeling a bit better than she was last night, pre-TheraFlu.

This morning I woke up quickly at 8:15 a.m. and threw on some clothes and went out to the cleaners to pick up my new used blazer. Kay had sewn the patch on (but not too tightly, for easy removal) and cleaned and pressed the jacket. I have to say it looks darn good. So the outfit consists of gray Armani pants (on sale from Off 5th) , baby blue Van Heusen shirt (Van Helsing?), blue patterned CK tie, my new used Brooks Brothers blazer, and my regular black dress shoes and overcoat with scarf.

On the one hand, I think I look pretty sharp (my wife said I did, anyway) but on the other hand, gray pants and a blue blazer with a patch on it? I'm a building security guard. I.D. please? What floor you going to? No cardboard boxes! Go to the freight elevator.

Today is going to be another busy day so I've got to scoot, especially since I need to leave work at a decent hour to go to the black belt dinner. The quick report on NYC is that we're all glad it's Friday and the people on the subway and on 57th Street and Broadway seemed to be in decent spirits. It was raining earlier but it has since stopped. And it's not too cold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I am home sick still but that TheraFlu definitely helped, if for no other reason then it allowed me to sleep. Knocked me out before Jon Stewart had even finished his opening monologue on the Daily Show.
And I will vouch that my husband does look damn sharp today--well, as sharp as a man in a navy blazer with gold buttons and a patch can look. Then again, the patch does signify that the wearer is a karate black belt, so who's going to give him a hard time about his attire?

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home