New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ash Wednesday

Daylight means a lot. We have a nice apartment in Brooklyn but I feel claustrophobic if I stay inside too long. This morning I drank my coffee and did my morning routine, not feeling particularly bad but dragging a bit. Once I stepped out the door and saw the blue sky, my spirits lifted. Anything seems possible in the morning, particularly on a nice, blue-sky day.

I was barely off my own block when I saw the first person with the distinctive mark of Ash Wednesday on her forehead. I probably won't get my forehead done today, but I've done it before, and the non-Catholics always think you accidently smudged your own forehead.

We're in the middle of the crunch on the April issue, so I can't rap, opine, or pontificate much today, but I've got a few irons in the fire that I can expand on in short order. And tonight is black belt class, which always gives me some material.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Glad your spirits have improved. It feels like spring in the city today. I love it.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home