New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

25 Days Till Spring

I was trying to prevent it from happening by not talking about it, but I think I'm getting sick. I have felt a bit sketchy for a couple of days, and this morning I woke up with a sore throat. First thing I did (pre-coffee, even) was throw on some of yesterday's clothes and walk over to the cleaners to pick up the laundry. It was nice to see the blue sky, but quite a pain to drag forty pounds of laundry in two oddly-shaped bags the two blocks home. Well, I suffered and was rewarded. Jenn had a steaming mug of coffee waiting for me on my arrival. I showered, dressed, and came to work without incident.

I don't have too much to report. Yesterday was a somewhat slow day at Esquire. A few stories have come in for the May issue and I've been making some calls, but the serious push probably won't start until next week. We are preparing for a visit from Jenn's friend Mayumi and her boyfriend this weekend. I'm not sure what the plans are but I sure hope they don't involve me spending money. On Sunday we have an Oscar party to attend at my friend Elaine's place.

My main task today is to take care of myself to lessen the severity of this oncoming illness. My grapefruit juice sits in front of me, and I'll probably start making tea at around 1:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I think it's safe to say that the plans will involve spending money (though hopefully not too much). Hope they don't involve being sick. :(
Drink lots of grapefruit juice.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home