New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Where's The New York Times

Neither rain, nor snow, nor . . . well, snow is enough to keep The Sunday New York Times from being delivered to my local bodega. Normally I buy it on Saturday night when the early edition first comes out but it hadn't been delivered. I had hoped it would be available by this morning, but no such luck. As such, I will make a snowy trip into Manhattan to fetch it. I must have my Sunday New York Times.

Current temperature in New York City at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday:

Celcius: -7 (feels like -13)
Fahrenheit: 19 (feels like 8)

I think most of the heavy snow is done but there's quite a bit of snow on the ground and wind gusts are blowing it around. I woke up rather quickly at 10:30 a.m. and when I opened the curtains I was almost blinded by all the lovely white snow. I quickly got dressed and trudged to the bodega to buy the newspaper, but it wasn't there.

Now I'm back at home, sitting at my desk and drinking coffee. When I go out again in a few minutes I'm going to wear sunglasses. Snowy days are fun. I just hope Jenn's flight arrives safely and on-time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home