New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

So Maybe I Do Snore

Jenn said she snickered about my last post that said how quickly I fell asleep on Sunday night, because I did some world-class snoring, which I'm sure was charming. Not much I can do about it, but it reminds me of how helpful earplugs can be for noise-sensitive residents of the five boroughs. Last night I was much quieter, she reported this morning.

It's 10:34 a.m. and I'll give myself just a few minutes to update things before plunging back into Esquire's March issue, which is rumbling along at a steady clip.

Yesterday was pretty busy and I didn't have much of a chance to do anything besides work at work. I was sore from the previous two days of karate and wound up working until around 7:00 p.m. so I didn't go to the dojo after work, although (and It's becoming embarassing to say this) I did stop by Barnes & Noble on the way home to check calendar prices (unchanged). It's not obsessive-compulsive disorder, it's not extreme miserliness, it's market research. Okay? Okay, also I am a very cheap man.

Jenn was already home when I arrived last night, pizza box in hand. We listened to classical music and I ate pizza from Sal's and Jenn ate the crusts (she had already had a tofu burrito). Later on we looked through New York Times Travel and Escapes sections we had accumulated over the past month. We like to plan (or at least daydream about) trips we'd like to take, and I also think about story ideas I could pitch and the type of stuff that gets published. It does seem to me that travel writing would be one of the better ways to have fun at work.

Tonight I'm also going straight home after work. The first three of my five freelance business stories are due on Friday. The next two are due the following friday. So I've got to focus and bang them out. It keeps me in the black, just barely. And speaking of paying the bills, I've got to hop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home