New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

MLK Jr. Holiday

Today is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I had the day off work. It was cold outside today, in the twenties.

Jenn went to the gym in the morning and I stayed home and wrote the third of my three stories for The Star-Ledger that were due last Friday or over the weekend. I have two more to report and write by next Friday but they shouldn't be too tough. I've had pretty good focus in my freelance writing lately. I've been able to concentrate and not daydream and just bang it out in an hour or so.

I took Kaicho's black belt class at 1:30 p.m. today, and then I went to Roman's on 23rd Street to get a haircut. One of Roman's guys cut my hair and I actually prefer when Roman does it but it looks okay. I was feeling shaggy. Now I'm more clean cut.

I feel physically pretty good, from having gone to karate the past two days and having the extreme street run on Saturday morning (see below). Tomorrow Jenn's going to Philadelphia and Wednesday she's flying to Chicago to see her new niece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home