New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Friday, January 14, 2005

Heroic Yet Mortal

A handful of words as an update:

Worked late last night, took subway part of the way home with Kevin, who got out of the L train at First Avenue. We talked about Ireland and Chicago and EU passports. Finally got home, scarfed down some sliced summer sausage and Colby Jack cheese-food pieces, and sat my tired ass down in my desk chair for some freelance writing at 8:00 p.m. Didn't budge for four hours. I had better focus than I normally do but it was kind of painful all the while. I just wanted to relax.

Heroically finished 1,400 words on apartments as investments and 500 words on private money sources by 10:53 p.m. Jenn came home at 10:45 p.m. We watched the Daily Show at 11:00 p.m. and the previous day's Daily Show (from Wednesday) at 11:30 p.m. Felt good to be done, though I still have one more 500-word story on industry honors to crank out at some point today (Friday). I can do it, no problem. Might have to be sneaky (or late) but it will be done. I'm making that money. This is the road to riches, or something. Two more stories due next Friday, but that's a million years away.

It was 60 degrees at 5:00 a.m. The temp's been dropping all day. At this moment (12:48 p.m.) it's 40 degrees and dropping. Snowflakes were falling over New York a few minutes ago. It was raining as I took the subway in to work this morning. Marty wants to get together for beers after work. I want to but we'll have to see how work goes. It's very busy for me at Esquire today. In fact, what am I doing writing this? I've got to go before somebody notices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home