New York City Diary

Words and pictures from my interesting life in New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Early Morning Blogging

I suppose 8:32 a.m. isn't so early but I still have a foot in the sleep world. This black coffee is doing its job, though. (We ran out of milk.)

Jenn and I went to bed early last night. I read in bed until about 11:15 p.m. Brighton Rock is a great book. British thugs and hooligans are more interesting to me than their American counterparts. Maybe I've been overexposed to mafia stories. Graham Greene is an excellent writer. His dialog is realistic and his characters are vivid, especially the self-loathing Pinkie. He's an 18-year-old gang leader.

It's time to get going. Can't be late to work again. Stories in the March issue are really beginning to move along the production schedule. I'll drop back in if I can.

What's NYC up to so far this morning? From my bedroom I can tell you they are fumbling through the rain, getting ready for the first Tuesday of the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home